- Who is responsible for managing my information?
Villas Away Limited and all websites and brochures operated and/or produced in relation to it are owned and maintained by:
Villas Away Limited, 82 High Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1AY (“we” or “us”)
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you choose to let your holiday accommodation with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let.
- How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday );
- to enable us to advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your holiday accommodation through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
- On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you let your holiday accommodation with us we will use the information collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let to perform our agreement(s) with you.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking or our letting services.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may also share your contact details with our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
The above is done on the basis that they are in the legitimate interest of our company.
We may ask your consent to use your name, SMS , phone number(s) and postal address to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties companies so that they can tell you about their products and services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
- Who will you share my information with?
We may share your information with:
- other members of our Group and their service providers (see also section 7 below);
- owners of or agents for villas, apartments and townhouses (if you are making a holiday accommodation booking);
- individuals who may be renting accommodation from you (if you are a holiday accommodation owner or advertiser);
- credit/debit card companies;
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services or fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, management companies, owner’s associations, airlines, ferry companies, car hire companies and other suppliers;
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint other members of our Group of companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas including the USA.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
If we transfer your personal data to the USA then we will always use a lawful method to do so which may be either the “Privacy Shield” Programme or an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission.
- Updating Your Details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Villas Away Limited, 82 High Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1AY
Alternatively, you can call us on 01306 640084
- How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator, 82 High Street, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1AY
Or by email to: email@example.com
- Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
- How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
- Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator, Villas Away Limited, 82 High Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1AY
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call on: 01306 640084
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns at any time with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk
Rent Your PropertyVillas Away are currently seeking properties abroad to add to our holiday rental portfolio. Click here to find out more >
Looking for the ultimate Water Park this summer for your family?Siam Park in Tenerife is already established as one of the worlds best. At the time of writing it has almost 20,000 Google reviews at 4.6 stars! The question is, are you brave enough for the Tower of Power? Opened in 2008, Siam Park is the largest theme water park in Europe. It is located […]
Calling all Property Owners!Villas Away are currently seeking properties abroad to add to our holiday rental portfolio. The team at Villas Away are committed to finding quality accommodation for our guests. If you own or manage a property and would like to join our portfolio then we would like to hear from you. All we will need form […]
Cover Story – Go Large! 6 bed Luxury – from £125ppNestled in the Mijas Costa in the Costa Del Sol is this Beautiful Villa has 6 bedrooms that comfortably sleeps up to 15 people! Holidaymakers can combine all the facilities, beaches and attractions of these seaside towns with trips up to see the original Mijas Pueblo and all the cultural attractions and traditions that it has to offer. Mijas […]